Saturday, April 25, 2009

My First Born Has A Zit!!

OMG! I came back home after yet another unfufilling day at work. I have never been a fan of this crap of working on SATURDAYS - not my thing. Really unproductive. No action at all. The phone at our office also shuts off on Saturdays. Back to the story, well I came back from the office, honked and there my ever efficient No1 was running to the gate to open the gate for me. It has always been my routine to stop and open up the window and ask him how his day was. That is when I saw something rather peculiar on his chin.....the inaugural ZIT. Then being a kanchong Mama that I am, I parked the car and ran towards him. He was caught off guard trying to understand why the hell Mama is fussing over what he calls "A Dot". Then, we heard Papa's machine roaring. He said "Papa is back, nanti can ask Papa what this is"

Tak sempat Papa nak remove his helmet, Mama came running and broke the news to him. He got equally excited and ran towards him and said "My Boy is a Man now" - a statement which Mama wasn't amused with. Then Alief ran into the house and checked out his "DoT" in the mirror trying to decipher what the commotion was all about and ran into his room. Then, I told Adlil that now he has to step in to deal with the issue, which he did. He went upstairs took his facial cleanser and called Alief for a quick tutorial.

Still not satisfied, I insisted that we had his "doT' checked out. Went to the Pharmacy and headed to the face cleanser aisle. I looked at all the off the counter facial cleanser and tried to figure out what would be suitable for a 10 going to 11 year old boy. Saw this nivea and biore cleanser for men and I paused for a while and said to myself that "He's not a man yet so I guess this is not for him"

Little that I noticed that I was watched from a far by the pharmacist who came up to me and said "May I help you to look for something ma'am" So I called out for Alief who was still oblivious towards my fuss. I said to the pharmacist " Can you check this 'dot" for me? What is it? She looked at the "doT" and said "This is a pimple ma'am". So, ignoring (or rather not wanting to accept the real truth)", I ignored her and went on to me quest of obtaining my son his first facial cleanser". She stood there and said, "I think I can help you, do you need help?" I nodded slowly. She handed me a tube of Johnson's Soft Facial Cleanser and said " this would be sufficient for him, not too harsh on the skin". I took the tube from her, thanked her and headed to the cashier who gave me what I thought was a smirk - I guess that is for my kachongness that was obvious throughout the store. So, I paid and handed the buy to Alief. He said "Thanks Mama, please don't be upset with the 'doT'. Its only a doT..The DoT that made me realize that my son is all grown up now...Sigh... My Boy is all grown up!!


'

2 comments:

Sofia Kasbi said...

I love this post. Alief and his Dot..LOL.

Pearl Wong-Tey said...

Goodness...really drama mamma at work...anyway, congrats ALief, on his dot...and well done for being so cool, compared to his v. kanchong mama