Friday, August 29, 2008

My Ride



It has always been my childhood dream to own a Harley. I have always been an enthusiast when it comes to Easy Rider motorbikes. I would look in envy everytime I hear the thundering roar of a Harley Davidson.

I started off small with a Vulcan Bike..(yup a japanese bike) that was my prized possession when I was in my early 20s. I still remember queing in front of Hard Rock & watching "brader2" on their Harleys on a friday night hanging out with their fellow biker buddies...& the best part these guys get free parking in front of HRC if you come with a Harley & you can get in for free! No ques, no hassle,no worries... Still the determination of owning a Harley was indeed top on my list.

Then, while I was enjoying the fruit of my hard work, together with my very modest Vulcan, I was reunited with My Wifey, fell in love and we got hitched. That to me was the ultimate satisfaction my life having to find my soulmate that I want to spend eternity & grow old with..She is everything to me & everything that I am so at that point in my life screw the Japanese bike & it was history.


Nevertheless, I was still living the dream of having a Harley but being me, I like to earn things the hard way, one step at a time, I got myself later a Drag Star..( yeah2 u guys would still be thinkin " another Japanese?) I had a son & a little baby was on the way so to keep me in touch with my feel for easyriders that was the only bike I could afford. But this time around me being a man..I started customizing my ride cause I didnt want my ride to look the same as the other stock bikes on the road. I had to make it my own.


I guess, if you dream hard enough, you are halfway there and still my determination was indeed very much sought after. True enough in 2005, I got for myself my fisrt Harley! It was a 1992 Softail Fatboy. I got it from a guy who had park & left the bike there motionless for almost 3 years. Before purchasing my first Harley I had to get a second opinion from an "otai" Harley biker Mr Kadir...Cmon guys this is a Harley we are talkin about here & I had to be sure about the bike. Kadir inspected the bike & told me " if you are not getting this bike I will "... so the deal was done & I was the happiest guy on earth.

I can still remember the first time I brought the bike home & my wife said to me " what a piece of crap did u just bought for yourself!? " To her it was an ugly beat up junk of tins & ready to be scrap. But for me it was my crown jewel...I had my own ideas in store for this beauty, in making it my own. Got the bike serviced..gave it a fresh coat of paint & with new set of tyres I was ready to tear up the streets. I was smiling from ear to ear everytime I rode the bike and still do.



Well I guess thats it for now as an introduction of my world. I'll be riding off to Desaru tomorrow morning with my Wifey to visit an old friend of hers & its really getting late.
Till then...........

No comments: